When you’ve finally decided on your outfit for the day and suddenly spot a few annoying white deodorant marks on your favourite top, it’s enough to ruin your morning. However, with a little help from Vanish, you can learn how to remove deodorant stains with ease (without it ruining your entire day…or your shirt!).
If you’ve got enough time, it’s best to pre-treat the affected garment using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel. After this, wash the item with your regular detergent and an extra dose of Vanish. Read on for more detailed instructions to get the best results when removing deodorant stains from your garments.
How to remove deodorant stains from cotton
White marks on your clothes are often caused by the ingredients in your deodorant. These white, chalky stains can be a real problem with your coloured cotton t-shirts, but don’t panic! We have some steps to follow to restore your wardrobe favourites with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel:
Step 1 — Pour 2ml of the Vanish gel directly onto stain
Step 2 — Gently rub the stain in circles using the cap
Step 3 — Leave the gel on the stain for 10 minutes (max)
Step 4 — Place another 60ml of the Vanish Gel into your washing machine with your regular detergent and wash as usual
Before using Vanish Oxi Action, you should always follow the usage instructions on the packaging and follow its care advice.
How to remove deodorant stains from silk
To remove deodorant stains from delicate materials like silk, follow the same process as our directions for cotton. Silk can be treated like normal fabrics because our versatile Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel can be used on everyday fabrics, as well as silk and wool. The Oxi Action formula is gentle on fabrics but tough on stains, to ensure the highest care is given to your clothes. Whether your silks are brightly coloured or black and white, our formula is colour safe and lifts stains even in a cold wash.
If you’re also looking to get rid of sweat stains, you can learn more tips and tricks with our sweat stain removal guide.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).