From statement pieces and everyday workwear to your favourite ‘party’ outfit, you want the clothes you love to last you a long time. Your clothes go through just as much as you do, so caring for them properly with Vanish Oxi Action will help you to remove stains and keep your clothes looking nicer, for longer.
Using our three-step process can help remove stains and bring back the brilliance to your clothes with either a pre-treat, soak, or in-wash treatment with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel for colours or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder for whites.
Read on for more information on how to make clothes last longer.
How to make white clothes last longer
Brand new white clothes look and feel amazing. However, without the proper care they don’t stay that way for long. But there is a solution to this greying problem – just use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder to bring back the brilliance. The formula tackles stains and gives an added whitening boost to restore white clothes to their former glory. Simply pre-treat with the powder or to make your whites really shine, just give them a soak following these steps:
- Mix ¼ scoop of powder with ¾ of water (max 40°) to form a paste or add 2ml of gel directly onto the stain
- Gently rub the formula in using the scoop or cap and leave for a maximum of 10 minutes
- Wash as usual with your regular detergent and add another scoop of Vanish
For stubborn stains, give them an additional soak for maximum results. Simply add a scoop of Vanish powder or 60ml dose of gel into 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°), and then leave it to soak for 1 hour (max) for colours and 6 hours (max) for whites. After, just wash as usual with an extra dose of Vanish in the washing machine.
Important: Always read the label on the packaging before use.
You may think that bleaching your whites will bring back their bright white look. However, it can actually turn your favourite garments yellow. Vanish products don’t contain bleach, which is why your whites stay bright white after the wash.
How to prolong the life of coloured clothing
Caring for your coloured clothes is just as easy as washing your whites. You can follow the instructions above – simply swap to Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder instead.
Treat stains fast: The faster you can treat your stain with Vanish, the better your chance of saving and extending the life of your clothing.
Choose to air-dry: Heat causes damage to your clothing and can put items at risk of shrinking. Choose the eco-friendly option and hang your clothes out to dry to avoid this happening.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results, it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).