White clothes work well in any season and white bed linen or upholstery makes any room feel brighter and more spacious. Keeping your items white and bright doesn’t have to be a struggle. Vanish is here to help with its powerful Oxi Action formula that restores your white items.
To keep your whites bright, we recommend a three-step process for the best results; pre-treat, soak and wash as usual with and your regular detergent. Make sure to always read the instructions on the packaging.
Read on for more information on how to keep your white clothes white for a range of fabrics and materials.
How to wash whites
It can be glaringly obvious that your ‘white’ clothes have turned grey when they’re matched up to a new item. Although it can be frustrating to see them fade, there’s no need to bin your item when it’s past its best. Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder will restore it to its former glory in no time. Simply follow these simple instructions on how to soak whites:
- Add 1x scoop of Vanish powder into 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°)
- Soak the item for up to 6 hours (max) for whites
- Add another scoop of Vanish powder and wash as usual with your regular detergent
Important: You’ll get best results when you wash whites and colours separately, but always read the label on the packaging before use
How to wash clothes without bleach
To keep your white shirts white, your sheets pristine or other items of clothing looking their best, it’s best to avoid bleach when washing. Chlorine bleach can interact with heat, causing your items to turn yellow and dull, so always stick to chlorine bleach free products that are specifically designed for white items – like Vanish!
Simply follow the instructions above to keep white sheets white without bleach, as well as any other greyed items that you want to bring back to life.
It might be easier to wash whites and colours together, but don’t be fooled – colours can run and ruin your whites. Washing whites on their own will save you time in the long run, especially with Vanish, which keeps them looking whiter for longer.
If you’re looking to correct colour runs from your wash, pick up tips and tricks from our handy guide.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).