Sometimes during a breakdown, it means getting your hands dirty. Though this can help to get the car revving, or your bike rolling, the grease we encounter can also make our clothes mucky. These stains can be tricky to tackle, as they tend to have a thick and dark consistency, but with Vanish Oxi Action formula, grease stains can be removed 1st time.
For particularly tricky stains, we recommend a three-step process: pre-treat, soak and wash. Always follow the product instructions on the pack.
Read on for advice on getting the best results on your items.
Can Vanish remove grease stains from clothes?
Vanish can remove grease stains from clothes, so there’s no need to bin them if they get covered in greasy marks. For best results, treat the stain immediately. Next, use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel and follow these simple steps:
Step 1 – Dab the stain away with a paper cloth or towel, which should draw out the stain
Step 2 – Add a dose of Vanish (2 ml) gel directly on the stain
Step 3 – Using the cap, rub the gel in circular motions over the stain
Step 4 – Leave the gel on the stain for 10 minutes (max)
Step 5 – Place another 60ml of the gel into your washing machine with your detergent and wash as usual
For stubborn grease stains that persist after the wash, we recommend soaking your item. Simply add some Vanish to warm water and let it sit for 1 hour (max) for colours and up to 6 hours (max) for whites. After soaking, wring the items out and add them to the wash.
Cover up – defence is the best offence! Wearing overalls can help protect your clothes from any grease splatters that you encounter. Or, wear items that you don’t mind getting greasy.
Avoid water – water is not able to tackle grease. Since oils are hydrophobic, water doesn’t break them down and can actually make the stains more pronounced. So, make sure you keep water off the stain, unless you are soaking with some Vanish.
If you’re looking to remove grease stains from food, here are our recommended articles that will help you remove those tricky stains.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).