Planning a party? Cola, or a range of fizzy soft drinks for that matter, are usually found on the shopping list. Perfect for washing down a slice of pizza or providing the little ones with a special treat, soft drinks are a crowd favourite for good reason. However, with all the fun to be had at such social occasions, it’s not uncommon for cups to knock over and spillages to occur. If you’re wondering, “does cola stain?”, the answer is yes. But, thanks to Vanish, it’s easy to get cola and soft drink stains out of clothes.
For the best results, we suggest using Vanish Gold Crystal White Powder or Vanish Gold Crystal White Gel for whites. The formula can remove stains and brighten your whites by up to 10 shades in one wash!*
Or use Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Gel for coloured clothes. Both the gel and powder in the Gold Pink range have multi-power properties, so they brighten colours while also removing stains and odours.
Simply pre-treat or use in the wash to remove cola stains from all your favourite items.
Read on for more information on banishing cola stains forever.
How to get cola out of clothes
Unfortunately, cola does stain clothes. However, you don’t have to say goodbye to your favourite garment because of a stain. Vanish makes it easy to remove cola stains. Simply use Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Gel on your coloured clothes and follow the instructions below:
Step 1 — Mix 1/4 scoop of powder with 3/4 scoop of water (max 40°) into a paste or add a 2ml dose of gel directly onto the stain
Step 2 — Rub the paste or gel gently using the base of the cap or scoop
Step 3 — Leave the paste or gel on the stain for 5 minutes (max)
Step 4 — Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop or 50ml dose of Vanish (100ml for tough stains!)
Don’t let cola stain your white clothes; you can follow the instructions above using Vanish Gold Crystal White Powder.
Always make sure you read the label on the stained garment before use. If you’re unsure, test on a small, unnoticeable area before application.
How to get cola stains out of carpets
It can be a tough task to remove cola stains from the carpet – even with Vanish! But you can read our tips below on how to stop the stain from setting in.
Time is key – to prevent the stain from absorbing into the fibres, tackle the spill as soon as possible. Grab a clean damp cloth and use a blotting motion to soak up as much of the cola, so you have more chance at successful removing it.
Have you accidentally spilt some orange or other form of fruit juice? Learn how to treat the affected item with the help of our fruit juice stain removal article.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time on 100% cotton fabrics).