Wherever you go, so do your shoes – and it can mean they take a beating. From a night out on the town to walking the dog or commuting to work, your favourite shoes can come into contact with a lot of dirt and grime. It’s nothing that Vanish can’t handle, though – our powerful Oxi Action formula can remove unwanted stains and leave them looking brand new.
Cleaning your shoes and boots doesn’t have to be a big deal. With our easy three-step process you can strut carefree in your stain-free shoes. Just pre-treat, soak and wash your items to get the best results in either Vanish Gold Oxi Action Gel or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder
Read on for more information on how to care for your shoes.
How to remove stains from shoes
It can be incredibly frustrating when you spot an annoying stain on your favourite pair of shoes or trainers. However, thanks to the powerful Vanish formula, there’s no need to invest in a new pair. For shoes made from canvas or fabric, you can pre-treat them with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Gel or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder to achieve optimum results.
Step 1—Form a paste by mixing ¼ scoop of powder with ¾ scoop of cold or warm water (max 40°)
Step 2— Gently rub the paste into the fabric using the base of the scoop
Step 3— Leave for a maximum of 5 minutes
Step 4— Wash with your regular detergent and an additional scoop of powder in the machine
Step 1— Pour 2ml of Vanish gel directly onto the stain
Step 2— Gently massage the gel into the stain with the base of the cap
Step 3— Leave the gel to stand for a maximum of 10 minutes
Step 4— Add 60ml of the gel into the washing machine and wash with your usual powder
Always read the label on the item before use. If unsuitable for the washing machine, simply blot the Vanish product with a clean cloth until it’s gone. Always test the product on a small inconspicuous area first. If unsure on how to remove stains from trainers and other shoes, seek professional cleaning advice.
How to remove stains from leather shoes
While Vanish can tackle a variety of stains on different fabrics, do not use Vanish to remove stains on leather shoes or boots.
Brush your shoes: Before attempting to remove any stain, make sure you brush or scrape off any excess dirt and residue to stem the spread of the stain. But remember to be gentle when doing it to avoid more damage.
Looking at getting rid of grass stains? For more information on how to tackle this tricky stain, read our guide here.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).