When it comes to stain removal, ‘act fast’ is often the first thought that comes to mind. But this isn’t always possible, resulting in stains that have been left to set in overtime which now seem impossible to move. It might be that you’ve rediscovered a favourite top from times gone by and have no idea how that mysterious splodge got down the front of it. Or perhaps you’ve spilled red wine down a favourite dress on a night out and weren’t able to act fast on the stain.
Whatever your reasons for dealing with an old stain – there’s every chance you’ll still be able to rectify the garment with Vanish. Our Oxi Action formula is designed to lift even set in stains first time – simply treat item in three simple steps using Vanish: pre-treat, soak and wash.
Read on for more information on how to get the best results when treating old stains with Vanish.
- Can Vanish remove old stains?
- How to remove stains from clothes after drying
- How to remove stains after washing clothes
Can Vanish remove old stains?
Yes! Vanish is capable of removing old stains as well as new stains. How you go about removing the stain will depend on what it is and how long it’s been dried in for – but as a rule, you should always pre-treat the stain, and then soak the garment if it is an old stain that’s been lingering on the garment. Browse our website for solutions to tackling a range of different stains on a variety of materials, including detailed instructions on how to get rid of them.
How to remove stains from clothes after drying
One of the biggest stain-removal dilemmas comes from dealing with stains on clothes that have been washed and put through the tumble dryer. That’s because the heat of drying the clothes in this way can lead to the stain being set in, becoming more stubborn to remove than ever.
- Dissolve 1x scoop of Gold Vanish Oxi Action Powder in 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°), or use 60ml of gel
- Soak item for 1hr (max) for colours or up to 6hrs (max) for whites
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Oxi Action Powder or 60ml of gel
Important: Always follow the usage instructions on the Vanish packaging. Do not use on finished or coated surfaces - for example wood, metals etc
How to remove stains after washing clothes
Most of the time we’ll decide to try washing stained clothes in the washing machine with our normal detergent in the hope that this will do the trick. But this is often not enough – especially with tougher to treat or particularly old stains. But don’t worry – Vanish can get to work on these in no time, just follow the same steps as in the above section.
If you’re dealing with old stains on white clothes, be sure to use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Power to help bring them back to their original brilliant white!
Looking to remove stains from a range of fabrics? Check out our article on fabric stain removal here.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).