From our morning cappuccino to our post-dinner espresso, coffee is considered a huge part of our daily culture. Unfortunately, coffee stains can be stubborn, exasperating and – if not dealt with properly – can hang around a lot longer than you want them to. But, don’t despair! Treating coffee stains with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder is fast and easy.
The best course of action to remove tough stains like coffee from clothing is always to soak the garment first using Vanish. Once you’ve done this, simply wash the item in the washing machine with your normal detergent adding a dose of Vanish to get superior results.
It’s also important to remember, whether you’re wearing lots of colour or the whitest of whites, the most effective way to a remove a coffee stain is to rinse the affected area with cold water as soon as possible, then follow up with Vanish as quickly as possible afterwards!
Read on for advice on achieving optimum results on on a variety of items and fabrics.
- How to remove coffee stains from shirts
- How to remove coffee stains from white clothes
- How to remove coffee stains from coloured clothes
- How to remove coffee stains from upholstery & carpets
How to remove coffee stains from shirts
If you’ve spilt coffee down your shirt, your best chance of stain-removal success is to act fast. If you can get to a tap, rinse the spill with cold water straight away, and then follow the below steps:
- Dissolve 1 scoop of Vanish Powder in 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°C)
- Soak item for a maximum of 1 hour
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder into your washing machine
For white shirts, follow the above steps but switch Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder for a whiteness boost (either with your laundry or in the drawer with your detergent). This will help work on the stain and keep your whites brighter for longer.
How to remove coffee stains from white clothes
To remove coffee stains from white clothes, you’ll need to have the right product and — depending on how long the stain has had to settle in — a little bit of patience.
- Dissolve 1 scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder in 4L of warm or cold water (40°C max)
- Soak item for up to a maximum of 6 hours
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder into your washing machine
Before using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder, you should always follow the usage instructions on the pack and the garment care advice.
How to remove coffee stains from coloured clothes
If you’re removing coffee stains from coloured garments, a stain remover like Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder can help to lift the discolouration and revive your clothing. To use follow the instructions below:
- Dissolve 1 scoop of Vanish in 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°C)
- Soak item for a maximum of 1 hour
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder in your washing machine
How to remove coffee stains from upholstery & carpets
To remove coffee stains from upholstery or carpets, simply use Vanish Gold Carpet Care Stain Remover Spray and follow these simple instructions:
- Blot the affected area with an absorbent cloth or paper towel to soak up excess liquid
- Spray the product onto the stain and leave for 5 mins (max)
- Blot away with a clean, absorbent cloth
- Repeat as many times as necessary – for dried in stains this may be necessary
Are you also looking to get rid of tea stains? Have a read of our tea stain removal article here to find more tips.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).