Getting ready is stressful enough without a splodge of foundation, a blob of mascara or the chalky residue of eyeshadow staining your outfit before a big night out. It’s enough to send any makeup users into a tizzy. Thankfully, with the use of the Oxi Action formula from Vanish, makeup stains can be a problem of the past, from oil-based to powder products.
Read on for more information on how to remove make up stains from your clothes and fabrics.
How to remove makeup stains from clothing
To remove makeup stains from cotton, denim or other washable fabrics, a good soak will do the trick. Say goodbye to foundation, powder or eyeliner stains with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel Simply follow these instructions:
- Add 60ml of Vanish gel into 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°)
- Soak item for 1hr (max) for colours or up to 6hrs (max) for whites
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another dose of Vanish gel
How to remove makeup from carpet
It pays to act fast when you need to remove makeup from your carpet. Whether the cosmetic is an oily or non-oily substance, take a clean, damp paper towel or cloth and blot the makeup stain until you have removed as much as possible. Then follow these simple instructions using Vanish Gold Carpet Care Stain Remover Spray:
- Spray the stain with Vanish Gold Carpet Stain Remover, keeping the nozzle 15cm from the surface
- Wait for a maximum of 5 minutes for the Vanish Gold Carpet Stain Remover to work
- Blot and rub the area with a clean absorbent sponge or towel to remove the liquid and stain
While the Vanish formula will take the hassle out of removing unwanted makeup stains from most carpets, do not use it on silk or oriental rugs or for brocade and carpets that are unsuitable for wet cleaning. And remember to always read the label on the pack before using.
As with most stains, once you’ve washed the garment it’s better to allow it to air dry than tumble drying it. This is because tumble driers will cause excess makeup to set into the fabric – making it much harder to remove stains the second time around.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).