From soldiers dunked in a boiled egg to the yellow ooze from an egg and bacon sandwich, eggs are tasty – but the drippy nature of them often puts your clothes at risk of stubborn stains. Use Vanish to make your egg explosion a thing of the past!
For your coloured clothes, use Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder to remove stains and odours whilst brightening colours.Or, to remove those bright yellow stains on your white clothes, use Vanish Gold Crystal White Powder – the formula will also prevent your white clothing from greying over time.
With Vanish, removing egg stains from your favourite garments is simple. For optimal results, either pre-treat, or pop it in the wash with your regular detergent.
Read on for more information on removing egg stains from your garments and carpets.
How to get egg stains out of clothes
Sometimes in life, accidents happen. If golden egg yolk happens to escape from the plate or – in your enthusiasm – you happen to miss your mouth, we’ve got the solution. Simply use Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder for colours or Vanish Gold Crystal White Powder for whites and follow the instructions below:
Step 1 — Mix 1/4 scoop of powder with 3/4 scoop of water (max 40°) into a paste
Step 2 — Gently rub the stain as required using the base of the scoop
Step 3 — Leave the paste on the stain for a maximum of 5 minutes
Step 4 — Wash as usual with your normal detergent and add another scoop of Vanish
Always make sure you read the label on the stained garment before use. If you’re unsure, test on a small, unnoticeable area of the fabric before application.
How to get egg out of the carpet
While Vanish cannot guarantee removing raw egg stains out of carpets, you can read some tips below on how to prevent your eggs from ruining your carpets for good.
Clean ASAP – If you’ve accidentally dropped a carton of eggs on your carpets, or perhaps just spilled yolk on your shirt, try to remove the stain as soon as possible with a clean cloth. This will decrease the chances of the stain setting in.
Scrape it – If the egg has already dried, scrape as much as you can off with the side of a spoon (to avoid damaging your garment or carpet) before treating it with Vanish.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results, it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).