Chocolate makes for the greatest of treats. It’s no wonder that so many of us love it – from chocolate milkshakes to choc chip cookies and luxurious truffles, we all know the feeling of tucking into our favourite guilty pleasure. Unfortunately, this delicious treat can wreak havoc with our fabrics, often staining easily because of its low melting temperature.
That’s where the the powerful Vanish Gold Oxi Action formula works to treat stains first time. For clothing, simply use our powder to pre-treat, soak and then wash the garment. Got chocolate stains on your sofa or carpet? Don’t worry – use our powerful carpet and upholstery stain remover spray to see the mark disappear in minutes!
A top tip for removing food stains of these kind, is to always remember – scrape, and then blot. By removing the excess, you’re reducing the chance of more soaking into the fabric. Blotting with a clean cloth will help to bring up as much colouring as possible before you treat it.
Read on for instructions on how to get the best results with Vanish when treating chocolate stains on a range of different items.
How to remove chocolate stains from:
How to remove chocolate stains from clothes
To remove chocolate stains from cotton, denim or other washable clothing materials, start by removing as much excess chocolate as possible with a knife or spoon. Then use Vanish Gold Crystal White Powder to remove chocolate stains from your whites or Vanish Gold Stain Removal Powder for your colours.
Step 1: Dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder in 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°)
Step 2: Soak item for up to a maximum of 1 hour for colours or up to a maximum of 6 hours for whites
Step 3: Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder in your washing machine
Before using Vanish Oxi Action, you should always follow the usage instructions on the packaging and follow its care advice.
How to remove chocolate stains from upholstery
To remove chocolate stains from your sofa, start by scraping off any excess chocolate with a knife or spoon. Next, use Vanish Carpet Cleaner + Upholstery, Gold Oxi Action Stain Remover Spray in these simple steps:
Step 1: Spray the affected carpet area and leave for 5 minutes (max)
Step 2: Blot again with a clean, absorbent cloth
Step 3: Repeat steps 1-2 as many times as necessary
How to remove chocolate stains on carpets
Chocolate stains on carpets can often be the trickiest of them all, as there’s plenty of opportunity for the stains to get trampled in, good and proper! So, when it comes to your carpets, scrape as much residue as possible with a spoon. Then, just as with upholstery, follow the same steps above with Vanish Carpet Cleaner + Upholstery Gold Oxi Action Stain Remover Spray to get your carpets looking spotless in no time.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).