It’s hard not to love silk, with its sleek look and luxurious feel. But when you find a stain on your favourite silky item, it’s easy to feel a sense of panic given how delicate the fabric is. There’s no need to worry though, as Vanish’s Oxi Action Formulas are safe to use on silk but still tough on stains. This guide will recommend the best way to remove stains from silk, so you can love them for longer.
For the best results, pre-treat the item using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel. Once you’ve done this, put them in the wash with your regular detergent and an extra dose of Vanish.
Read on for further information on how to remove stains from silk.
How to remove stains from silk clothes
Discovering a stain on your favourite silk scarf, shirt or tie is enough to turn anyone’s day sour. Thankfully, Vanish can help you remove stains from silk. Simply use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel follow the pre-treat instructions below for best results:
- Pour 2ml of the Vanish gel directly onto the stain
- Rub the gel into the stain using the cap
- Leave the gel to work for 10 minutes (max)
- Place another 60ml of the gel into your washing machine with your detergent and wash as usual
Keep it away from heat: A universal tip for any type of silk is to always avoid tumble drying, as this can cause the delicate material to shrink.
To learn more about how to remove stains from other silky items, take a look at our article on how to remove stains from underwear and delicates.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).