We all know the feeling of dread that comes with getting chocolate marks on a favourite top or finding a splodge of oily food has worked its way onto our best trousers. But, enjoying stain-free fabrics has never been easier with the Vanish fabric stain remover range. You can use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel for coloured clothes and Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder for whites to keep your garments looking pristine. Our Vanish fabric cleaners work fast to treat stains the first time – even those that are particularly set in or notoriously hard to treat.
Depending on the fabric, to remove stubborn stains you can either pre-treat, soak, or in-wash to get all of your favourite fabrics looking as good as new.
Read on to learn more about how to remove stains from fabrics.
How to remove stains from fabric with Vanish
Vanish fabric cleaners are designed for the everyday as well as tough-to-treat stains, but to increase your chances of success at full stain removal, knowing how to tackle them correctly is invaluable. There are three ways you can use Vanish to remove stains:
For stains on silk and woollen items, follow these steps:
- Pour 2ml of the gel directly onto the stain
- Gently rub the formula in using the cap and leave for a maximum of 10 minutes
- Wash as usual with your regular detergent and add another dose of Vanish
For juice, deodorant and curry stains on linen and velvet clothes, follow these soak steps for best results:
- Dissolve 1x cap of Vanish Gel or 1x scoop of Vanish Powder in 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°)
- Soak item for up to a maximum of 1 hour for colours or up to a maximum of 6 hours for whites
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Powder or cap of Vanish Gel in your washing machine
For maintenance of your garments and to keep them looking at their best, it’s advisable to add a dose or scoop of Vanish to every wash.
- Add 1 scoop of Vanish Powder or a dose of Vanish Gel with your laundry detergent in the washing machine drawer
- Wash as usual
Important: Always read the label on the Vanish packaging and your garments before washing. If you’re concerned, test on a small, inconspicuous area before full use.
How to use Vanish Oxi Action Fabric Stain Remover
If you’re looking to use a Vanish Oxi Action Fabric Stain Remover, you can follow the instructions above to get the optimum results. Always read the label before use.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).