From dinner party spills to splashes in the playground, there’s nothing worse than discovering a nasty stain on one of your delicate woollen or cotton items of clothing. Thankfully, all is not lost! With the powerful Vanish Gold Oxi Action formula, you can bring your cotton and woollen items back to life with ease.
For optimal results, pre-treat the affected garment using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel. Once you’ve done this, you can pop the item into the wash with your normal detergent along with an extra dose of Vanish.
The key with any stain is to treat it as quickly as possible so that the stain has minimal time to set in. Read on for more instructions on how to remove stubborn stains from cotton and wool.
How to remove stains from wool
Spotting a stain on your clothes is always bothersome, but when you find a mark on one of your delicate pieces made from silk or wool, it’s particularly upsetting. Fortunately, with the help of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel your favourite woollen jumper can be restored to its former glory. The powerful Oxi Action formula is strong on stains but gentle on delicate clothes.
- Step 1 — Dispense Vanish gel directly onto stain
- Step 2 — Gently rub the stain in circles using the cap
- Step 3 — Leave the gel on the stain for 10 minutes (max)
- Step 4 — Place another 60ml of the gel into your washing machine with your regular detergent and wash as usual
Before using Vanish Gold Oxi Action, you should always follow the usage instructions on the packaging and follow its care advice.
How to remove stains from cotton
Cotton is one of the most common clothing materials – and for good reason. It’s soft, durable, natural and not to mention easy to clean.
In fact, for most cotton stains you can follow our general stain removal advice: dampen the affected spot with cold water, pre-treat using Vanish Pre-Treat Stain Remover Gold PowerGel and leave for 10 minutes (max). Then all you have to do is wash as normal, using your usual detergent and add an extra 60ml dose of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel for good measure.
Looking to get rid of other frustrating stains on silks, read our silk stain guide to get the best results.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).