From silk scarves to pure wool jumpers, our delicate garments tend to need a little extra love. So, when you find a mark on your favourite silk top, you want to make sure you do the right thing first and avoid damaging your item permanently. In this guide, we will recommend the best way to remove stains from your underwear and delicate clothes.
By using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Remover Gel you can experience first-time amazing stain removal that’s designed for use on everyday items, including underwear and delicates. Simply read on for more of our general advice.
- How to remove stains from delicate clothes
- How to remove stains from underwear
- How to remove stains from a saree
How to remove stains from delicate clothes
Cleaning your delicate garments can be particularly tough – you don’t want to damage the delicate materials with harsh chemicals, but equally, you need to remove the stains. The materials are often costly too, which gives us even more reason to look after them with the utmost care.
How to remove stains from underwear
Whether you’re a fan of cotton briefs or silky lingerie, knowing how to remove stains from underwear is very handy. Firstly, understand your underwear! The colour, fabric and type of underwear will affect how you need to treat the item. Make sure you check the label before washing. When it’s safe to use, pre-treat your garment using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel:
- Dispense Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel directly onto stain
- Gently rub the stain in circles using the cap
- Leave the gel on the stain for 10 minutes (max)
- Place another 60ml of the gel into your washing machine with your detergent and wash as usual
If you’ve got time, why not soak your underwear? This step is particularly handy if you’ve got a big batch of pants to clean. Simply add a 1 cap of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel to 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°). Leave to soak for 1 hour (max) for colours and 6 hours (max) for whites. Then wash as usual with your usual detergent and an extra dose of Vanish gel in the machine.
How to remove stains from a saree
Sarees are equally beautiful as they are delicate, so it is integral that when a stain is spotted, you wash this beautiful silk fabric the right way with the best product. This article on how to remove stains from silk will give you tailored guidance to ensure your saree is carefully looked after and restored in the cleaning process.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).