For most of us, denim forms a significant part of ours and our family’s wardrobes. From that trusted pair of jeans that we just can’t live without, to our go-to denim jackets, it’s a material we rely on time and time again.
That’s why it can be so annoying to find a stain on our favourite denim jeans or jacket. There’s no need to panic though! With Vanish, you can get your denim clothing looking as good as new in just a few simple steps. Vanish also works well to maintain your denim garments. For best results we’d recommend pre-treating, soaking then washing the stained item/s using Vanish. And the best news? Our Vanish Gold Oxi Action formula is completely colour safe so it won’t fade your denims – and our range for whites is designed to not only remove stains but to treat dinginess too! That means you can enjoy stain-free white denim that’s instantly whiter after just one wash.
One concern when it comes to denim is that it’ll fade over time, which is often due to it being washed again and again in hot water. The good news is that Vanish works even in a cold wash – enabling you to preserve your coloured denims for longer.
Read on for more top tips on how to use Vanish to get your jeans and denim clothes looking as good as the day you bought them.
How to remove stains from blue jeans or other coloured denim
From our classic light blue jeans to that bold red denim jacket, we want to keep our coloured denim bright and beautifully clean for as long as possible. Accidents happen though, and it’s likely they’ll end up stained at one time or another.
- Add 1/4 scoop of Vanish powder to 3/4 scoop of water (max 40°) and mix into a paste or add 2ml of gel.
- Gently rub the paste into the stain on your denim garment using the base of the scoop and leave to sink in for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish powder or 60ml or gel in 4L of water (max 40° - but you can also use cold!) and soak the denim garment in the solution for a maximum of one hour.
- Wash the garment like normal with your usual detergent alongside an added scoop of Vanish powder or gel.
It’s also handy to note that, for lesser stains, or stains that are fresh, you may be able to treat the problem by carrying out just Steps 3 and 4. But for more severe stains, we’d recommend doing all 4 steps. For more information, check out our hub of articles on different stain types.
How to remove stains from white jeans and denim
A bright pair of white denim shorts for summer, or a pretty white denim skirt – both lovely summer looks when on holiday or at home, but ones that are also, unfortunately, all too stain-prone. For those annoying but inevitable mishaps, treat your white denim with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder, for stain-free clothes that are instantly shades whiter!
As with your coloured denims, you may want to skip ahead to Step 3 for less severe stains.
- Add 1/4 scoop of Vanish powder to 3/4 scoop of water (max 40°) and mix into a paste.
- Gently rub the mixture into the stain on your white denim garment using the base of the scoop and leave to work for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish power in 4L of warm water (max 40° - or cold!) and soak the denim garment in the solution for a maximum of six hours.
- Wash the garment like normal with your usual detergent alongside an added dose of Vanish powder.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).