From mud stains on the kids’ P.E. kit to wine stains on your favourite white shirt, stains are a messy, inconvenient part of life. These ugly stains have the potential to ruin your day – not to mention your favourite clothing item. However, knowing how to attack any stain that comes your way with Vanish means that you can get rid of them for good. The hardworking Oxi Action formula can tackle stains while still maintaining the colour of your fabrics – so they look great for even longer.
Depending on the stain, Vanish clothes stain removal comes with easy- to-follow steps: pre-treat, soak, or in-wash treatment with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder.
Read on for more information on how to remove stains from your clothes.
How to remove stains from white clothes
Whether it’s a crisp white shirt or a pretty skirt, white clothes always look stylish. Thankfully, it’s easy to keep them looking that way with Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder. If you’ve found yourself with stains like mud, chocolate, or tea, a soak in Vanish powder will remove them and restore your clothes’ brilliance. Just follow these easy steps:
- Dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder in 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°)
- Soak item for up to a maximum of 1 hour for colours or up to a maximum of 6 hours for whites
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Powder in your washing machine
For stains like grease, sweat, and makeup use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Gel and follow these simple pre-treat steps:
- Pour 2ml of Vanish Gel directly onto the stain
- Lightly scrub the gel into the stain with the base of the cap
- Leave the gel to stand for 10 minutes (max)
- Add 60ml of the gel into the washing machine and wash with your usual powder
It’s always best to use a scoop or dose of Vanish in every wash, to stop your clothes from losing their brilliance and keep them looking like new.
Vanish stain remover for coloured clothes
Keeping your vibrant colours looking their absolute best doesn’t have to be a chore – just follow the same instructions above using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel.
How to clean clothes at home
We treasure our favourite items of clothing and hope they’ll always stay as beautiful as they were when we first bought them. But unfortunately, it’s all too common that they begin to look dull and tired over time. Luckily, you can keep your clothes looking like new for longer, with Vanish clothes cleaner, just choose from either our Gel or Powder formats.
Separate your colours from your whites: It can be easier to throw both your whites and coloured clothes in the same load, but the risk of colour run can cost you down the line. Always wash your white clothes separately from your colours.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).