Yours – and your family’s – bags go through a lot. From being dumped on the floor after returning home from school, battered in bad weather on the way to sports practice or covered in make-up from a stray lipstick that’s missing a lid – there’s a myriad of reasons your favourite bag may need some TLC.
Thankfully with Vanish, simply use the Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder to help remove stains and unpleasant odours from polyester bags, like lunch bags and P.E. kits. Or for the best results, we recommend pre-treating the stain and then washing the bag as normal.
Read on for more information on how to remove any unwanted stains from bags.
How to remove stains from school bags
If you think your handbag goes through a lot, you child’s school bag goes through a lot more. From potential yogurt explosions to muddy P.E. clothes, stains and nasty odours are bound to happen. Follow the steps below to get school backpacks and bags stain-free and smelling fresh with Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder:
Step 1 — Mix 1/4 scoop of powder with 3/4 scoop of water (max 40°) into a paste and apply it directly onto the stain
Step 2 — Rub the paste in gently using the base of the scoop
Step 3 — Leave the paste on the stain for 5-minutes (max)
Step 4 — Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish
Always read the label on the packaging. Check that your item is machine washable before you apply the stain remover.
Dust before you wash – Once you’ve emptied the bag, take the time to remove any crumbs, dust and dirt that can lie in at the bottom of your bag.
Scrap before you scrub – When getting rid of dried stains like mud or dirt, scrape as much off as you can using the side of a spoon, before you try to remove any stains.
Are you also looking to get rid of ugly stains from all your favourite shoes and boots? You can learn trips to remove marks from your favourite footwear in our article.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).