We all know the feeling of digging out our favourite dress to wear for an upcoming event, only to realise there’s a nasty stain down the front (how had we missed it?!). Luckily, Vanish’s fast-acting Oxi Action formula is designed to lift even the toughest of stains first-time and can be used on everyday fabrics and our gel format can be used on delicates too.
Available in gel and powder form, Vanish can be used to treat even tough, set-in stains in three simple steps: pre-treat, soak and then wash.
For best results when removing stains from your dresses, follow the specific instructions below. Finally, don’t forget to check out our hub of fabric stain removal articles for more top tips on how to deal with different materials.
- Can you use Vanish on premium dresses?
- How to remove stains from a coloured dress
- How to remove stains from a white dress
Can you use Vanish on delicate dresses?
We often dread spillages on silk or satiny materials more than any others due to the delicate nature of the fabric - likewise with those made from materials like chiffon and linen. But don’t worry! Vanish Gold Oxi Action Gel is suitable even on these premium materials and works quickly and efficiently in removing those unwanted marks.
How to remove stains from a coloured dress
We sometimes worry about washing our bright and bold coloured dresses for fear of them fading. That’s why both Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder and Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel are designed to tackle even the toughest of stains while locking in the colour of your treasured fabrics! For best results, you have the option to soak your clothes, or pre-treat your tough stains. Just follow these simple instructions:
- To pre-treat, mix 1/4 scoop of Vanish powder with 3/4 scoop of water (max 40°) into a paste, or fill the cap provided with a dose of gel.
- Gently rub stain with the paste or gel using the knobbly base of the scoop and leave for a maximum of 5 minutes.
- To soak, dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish powder or 60ml of gel in 4L of warm water (max 40°).
- Soak your silk dress for a maximum of 1 hour in the solution.
- If your dress is machine washable, wash it as usual with your normal detergent and an added scoop of Vanish. If it isn’t machine washable, handwash it as normal – always adding the extra dose of Vanish.
Important: Always check the label on any garment you are treating or washing to ensure you don’t damage the fabric.
How to remove stains from a white dress
White dresses are the perfect match for those summer parties, but this beautiful, sun-loving colour is possibly the most unforgiving when it comes to stains. Luckily, with Vanish, there’s no need to panic.
For best results removing stains from white dresses, just follow these simple steps:
- Dissolve 1x scoop of Gold Vanish powder in 4L of warm water (max 40°).
- Soak your silk dress for a maximum of 6 hours in the solution.
- If your dress is machine washable, wash it as usual with your normal detergent and an added scoop of Vanish powder. If it isn’t machine washable, hand wash it as normal – always adding the extra dose of Vanish into the soak.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).