Having an upset stomach is unpleasant enough, but the unfortunate task of having to clean it up is just as bad. You can’t often choose where you or a loved one is going to be sick, so that often puts your carpets and upholstery in the firing line. Not to worry – the Vanish formula can make it easy to get sick out of carpets, as the powerful formula tackles stains fast.
For maximum results on your carpets and cotton upholstery, we recommend using Vanish Gold Carpet Care Oxi Action Spray which offers 30 second amazing stain removal!
Read on for more information on how to get sick out of carpet and upholstery.
How to get vomit out of your carpet
Tending to the aftermath of a sickness bug doesn’t have to be a hassle. With Vanish Gold Carpet Care Oxi Action Spray it’s easy to remove vomit stains from your carpet whilst neutralising the odour. Just follow the steps below:
Step 1 — Remove excess dirt and open nozzle
Step 2 — Spray and leave to sit for 5-minutes maximum
Step 3 — Blot the stain and remove excess product using a clean cloth.
Before you go to clean dried vomit from your carpet, always read the label on the packaging. If you’re unsure, test on a small hidden spot before full application.
How to clean vomit from the sofa
If you have unpleasant vomit stains on your sofa, not to worry because you can follow the same instructions to remove marks from your couch as you would from your carpet. Plus, the Vanish Gold Carpet Care Oxi Action Spray is colour safe, to help protect your upholstery from unwanted stains. Just follow the instructions above.
Clean up ASAP – Vomit contains gastric acid, which means if you don’t get to it fast, it runs the risk of permanently staining your carpets. Try and clean it up as soon as possible to minimise damage.
Don’t use bleach – Vomit can leave a nasty mark and your first thought may go to use bleach, but don’t be tempted. As vomit is a protein stain, trying to remove it with bleach can cause it to worsen. The Vanish Oxi Action formula can effectively tackle these difficult stains, whilst still being safe to use on different carpet colours and fabrics.
Pick it up – Pick up what you can with a piece of paper towel so you can dispose of it easily.
If you’re also looking to get rid of urine or poo stains from your carpet, we have an article that will help you get rid of these nasty marks.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).
- For best results treat the stain immediately.
- Safe to use on wool carpets.
- Test on a hidden area. If the carpet colour is affected do not use this product.
- Remove loose dirt and blot wet stains with a clean absorbent cloth
- Do not use on velvet materials, brocade or items that are unsuitable for wet cleaning.
- Not suitable for silk and oriental rugs.
- Heavy stains may require a second application.