While sweat is a natural bodily function, soaked armpits are never pleasant and can leave unsightly marks on tops and stains on shirts. However, there is no need to worry about unsightly sweat stains, which tend to go yellow, dark and discoloured over time. With this guide, Vanish will show you how you can remove sweat stains with its powerful Oxi Action formula so you can get your clothes back to their former glory in no time.
Sweat stains can be stubborn, but it’s nothing the Vanish can’t handle – simply soak, pre-treat or wash the item in Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel.
Read on for further instructions on how to remove sweat stains.
How to remove sweat stains from cotton
Cotton is one of the most common clothing materials, due to it’s soft, durable and breathable nature. So, it’s no surprise to often find sweat stains on your cotton items. But Vanish makes it effortless to remove sweat stains from cotton and other washable coloured clothing. Just pre-treat the stain as soon as possible and follow these easy steps using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel:
- Pour 2ml of the Vanish gel directly onto the stain
- Gently rub the gel into stain using the cap provided
- Leave the gel on the stain for 10 minutes (max)
- Wash as usual with your detergent and add another dose of Vanish
Sweat stains not budging? It’s nothing a soak in some Vanish Gel can’t fix. Just add a dose of Vanish to warm or cold water and let it soak for 1 hour (max) for colours and up to 8 hours (max) for whites. After soaking, simply wash them as usual with another dose of Vanish.
How to remove sweat stains from silk
Silk is a notoriously high maintenance material because of its look and feel – but that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying wearing them. With Vanish, you can remove sweat stains from silk, and other delicate fabrics and our powerful Oxi Action formula means you can wash silk, wool and linen like any other regular load. Just use our Vanish Gold Gel and follow the instructions above for excellent results.
Important: Always read the label on your items before washing and follow the instructions on the back of the package.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).