Whether it’s muddy shoes on the couch or an accidental spill on your favourite armchair, a stain on your upholstery can be stressful – especially if you’re not sure what it is or when it got there. The good news is, our carpet and upholstery range is designed to treat even the toughest of stains and works as the best solution for bringing your upholstery back to life.
For optimal results, read on for more detailed instructions on how to get the most out of Vanish.
How to remove stains from:
How to remove stains from upholstery
To remove stains from a sofa or any other upholstery, try to act quick. Whether it’s a chair, sofa or headboard, remove as much excess spillage as possible by blotting with a paper or cotton towel. Next (or if the stain has already set), use Vanish Carpet Cleaner & Upholstery, Gold Oxi Action Stain Remover Spray. Always test on a hidden area first for colour fastness, and if fine, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Spray the product onto the sofa and leave for 5 mins (max)
Step 2: Blot away with a clean, absorbent cloth
Step 3: Repeat as many times as necessary
Important: Always check the label on your sofa – if it’s velvet, brocade or unsuitable for wet cleaning, you should refer to a professional cleaner.
A top tip for removing various stains from sofas is to remember that water temperature should change depending on the type of stain. For example, you should always use cool water to flush out blood stains, but hot water will work better on greasy oil stains.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).