From spilled cups of tea, to unsightly makeup residue, or splodges of ketchup from that breakfast sandwich, stains on pillowcases and sheets are almost impossible to avoid. But they are possible to clean and remove with Vanish - even when they’re severe or dried-in. Our fast-acting formulas are designed to completely eradicate stains in a few simple steps – and don’t forget our whitening products will give a super-brightening boost to your white pillowcases and sheets too! Got coloured bedding? We’ve got you covered – our Vanish Gold Oxi Action formula stains vanish, even in a cold wash!
For best results, you can pre-treat, or soak your pillowcases and/or sheets with Vanish prior to washing. Next, simply wash as normal, but be sure to add an extra dose of Vanish alongside your usual detergent for sheets that come up completely stain free first time.
Read on for more detailed information and instructions on how to get best results when removing stains from your pillowcases and sheets with Vanish.
- How to remove stains from white pillowcases and sheets
- How to remove stains from coloured sheets and pillowcases
How to remove stains from white pillowcases and sheets
To remove stains from white pillow cases and sheets, and give them an added whitening boost at the same time, use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder, designed not only to lift stains first time, but to brighten your whites too – even in 1 wash! Just follow these easy instructions:
- Dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish powder in 4L of warm or cold water (max 40°).
- Put your pillowcase/s into the mix and leave to soak for a maximum of 6 hours.
- Wash as usual with your normal detergent, alongside another scoop of Vanish for brilliant white and stain-free pillowcases!
How to remove stains from coloured sheets and pillowcases
To remove stains from sheets and pillowcases that are coloured, use Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Remover Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel, which is 100% colour safe and designed to remove stains while keeping your fabrics bright. Just follow these simple steps:
- Dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish powder or 60ml of Vanish gel in 4L of warm water (max 40°).
- Pop your pillowcases and/or sheets into the solution and leave to soak for a maximum of 1 hour.
- Wash the pillowcases and/or sheets as usual with your normal detergent alongside another scoop of Vanish Powder or dose of gel.
Air Dry: Did you know drying your sheets in the tumble dryer can lead them to come out full of creases and in desperate need of an iron? If your sheets are white, ditch the hassle by hanging them out to dry on a sunny day instead, or for coloured sheets, find somewhere dry and warm indoors to do the same as leaving them in the sun could fade them.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).