Under arm sweat – and related body odour – is an unavoidable fact of life. It’s an involuntary physical effect of fear, excitement or simply a long, hot summer and neither your whites nor your coloured clothes are safe from it. But with Vanish, it has never been easier to remove sweat odour from your clothes, thanks to the Oxi Advance formula in our pink range, which has ‘MultiPower’ – removing stains and odours while brightening colours!
For maximum results, we recommend a three-step process with Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Gel. All you have to do is either pre-treat, soak or use in the wash to remove body odour from clothes,including sweat.
Read on for more information on laundry odour removal on your garments.
How to remove body odour smells from clothes
Perspiration helps to regulate your body temperature, but it does have a talent for getting deep into the fibres of your clothes – and staying there! No need to sweat it though, just use Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Powder or Vanish Gold Oxi Advance Pink Gel on your coloured clothes to remove stubborn odours. Simply follow the instructions below:
Step 1 — For tough stains and odours add one scoop of the Vanish powder or a 100ml dose of Vanish gel to your detergent washing machine drawer (normal stains use 50ml of gel or 1/2 scoop of powder).
Step 2 — Wash as usual with your regular detergent
Important: Always follow the usage instructions on the packaging and the garment. If you’re unsure, patch test on a small, inconspicuous area before full use.
Use Vanish Gold Crystal White Gel on your white garments – even items made from delicate fabrics such as silk and wool. The Oxi Advance formula not only helps to remove stains, but will help your whites become whiter by up to 10 shades*, whether it be a work shirt, school shirt or blouse.
Business as usual – When looking to remove sweat odour from your clothes, don’t forget to separate your coloured and white garments before the wash and use the relevant Vanish product.
Invest in a good deodorant – Appling a generous amount of deodorant daily provides a layer of odour protection between you and your garment and keeps you feeling fresh all day.
Has your sweat left behind a nasty yellow stain? Find out the real cause of this unwanted stain and learn how to banish it for good with our handy tips and tricks.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time on 100% cotton garments).