At one point or another, we’ve all headed off to work in our favourite white shirt, only to return home with a variety of mysterious stains splashed across the front. Whether from unfortunate coffee spills or accidental pen leaks, spoiling a white shirt is an inevitable occurrence for most of us.
But before you throw away your white shirt in haste, follow our steps on how to whiten your shirts and return them to their former glory. With Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder to lend a helping hand, there are several measures you can take to ensure your white shirt stays as bright and radiant as the day you bought it.
How to get white shirts white again
No matter how wonderful the white shirts in your wardrobe once were, over time they can begin to fade. Prevent the hassle and expense of replacing your favourite white shirts by restoring them to their original, crisp whiteness – allowing you to save your valuable time and money while extending the lifespan of your much-loved garments.
To get your shirts whiter, soak the item using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder:
- Add 1 scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Action Whitener + Stain Remover Powder into 4 litres of warm or cold water (40°C maximum)
- Leave garment to soak for 6 hours (maximum)
- Place another scoop of Vanish into your washing machine with your detergent and wash as usual
Before using Vanish Oxi Action, you should always follow the usage instructions on the packaging and follow its care advice.
Tips on how to get shirts white
- Avoid bleach. Bleaching clothing with chlorine bleach is bad news for white garments. When combined with iron and hot water, it can turn clothing yellow so stick to products specifically designed for white garments.
- Wash with Vanish. Vanish products have been specifically designed to help keep your clothes bright and white without bleach, so make sure to add a dose to every wash to keep your whites sparkling.
Do you have a few garments that don’t gleam like they used to? Read our how to restore faded whites article for more information on how to make your items shine again.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).