When it comes to keeping our clothes clean and bright over time, we can often struggle to find a good balance between washing regularly while not letting them fade. Some of the things that cause fading include washing your clothes at too high a temperature, as well as washing whites and coloureds together or even with bleach in the hope to remove stains. Luckily, with Vanish, achieving cleaner clothes that are 100% stain-free is possible without causing any fading. Plus our amazing Oxi Action formula works brilliantly in a cold or warm wash.
For top tips and specific instructions on how to get the best results when brightening and cleaning your clothes with Vanish, check out our hub of handy stain-removal and cleaning articles.
You can also find answers to some frequently asked questions about Vanish below, as well as general advice for its usage.
How to use Vanish for cleaning clothes
You can use Vanish to clean your clothes in a number of ways, but we would recommend following these three easy steps:
- Pre-treat — Apply a small amount of Vanish powder (mixed with water to make a paste) or Vanish gel directly to the stain and rub in. Leave to work for a max of 5 minutes for colours and 10 minutes for whites.
- Soak — Create a solution using Vanish by adding 1x scoop of powder or 60ml does of gel to 4L of cold or warm water. Then leave your garment/s to soak for a maximum of 1 hour for whites, and 6 hours for colours.
- Wash — Add an extra dose of Vanish to your wash alongside your normal detergent for clothes that come up stain-free and brilliantly bright.
Does Vanish work?
Yes! Vanish is proven to work on over 100 stains, providing amazing stain removal on even the toughest of marks.
Does Vanish contain bleach?
No. Vanish is not a bleach nor do Vanish cleaning products contain any harsh bleach. Our Oxi Action formula is more than capable of removing stains without the need for harsh chemicals like this and is proven to lift over 100 stains.
Where to put vanish in washing machine?
Vanish is an extremely versatile product and depending on what type of stain you have you can choose how you’d like to use it. When using a Vanish powder or gel product in the wash, simply add it into the drawer with your detergent.
How does Vanish work?
Vanish has a unique formula powered by Oxi Action which lifts even the most stubborn stains from fabrics. All you have to do is sit back and let the formula do all the hard work. To see this in action please see our latest TV ad.
Where can I buy vanish?
You can buy Vanish in most big supermarket retailers in the UK. Here is a complete list of our retailers.
Which Vanish is best?
The best Vanish product to use will depend on the problem at hand – for clothes stains, it’ll be our fabric stain remover range which includes Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Powder and Vanish Gold Oxi Action Stain Removal Gel (suitable for colours and whites), as well as Vanish Gold Oxi Action Crystal White Powder (recommended for whites). All products include our amazing stain-removal formula and work equally as well as each other!
For carpet and upholstery stains, try our carpet and upholstery stain removal spray, and for general large area carpet cleaning, check out our Vanish Gold Foam and Vanish Gold Carpet Powder (add hyperlinks).
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).