Freshly laid carpets not only look amazing, but they feel fantastic, too. From day one, you’ll want to do everything you can to keep them looking brand new – however, it’s often difficult to maintain a regular cleaning routine if you don’t know what lives on the soles of you and your family’s shoes. That’s why you’ll want to care for new carpet from the get-go.
With Vanish Gold Carpet Care Oxi Action Spray, caring for your new carpets has never been easier. Read on to find out how to properly care for your carpets so they look better for longer!
How to take care of carpets
Keeping your carpets in tip-top condition doesn’t have to be an uphill struggle. With Vanish Gold Carpet Care Oxi Action Spray and a thorough cleaning routine, you can remove stubborn stains and neutralise odours that appear by simply following the instructions below:
Step 1 — Remove excess dirt and open nozzle
Step 2 — Spray and leave for 5 - minutes maximum
Step 3 — Blot the stain and remove excess product using a clean cloth.
Always read the packaging. Before usage, spot check on a small, inconspicuous area.
Do not use on velvet materials, silk, brocade or those not suitable for wet cleaning.
Vacuum frequently – To stop dirt and dust from settling into the fibres of your carpet, vacuum regularly to prevent carpets looking dirty and well-trodden.
Tackle them fast – When stains occur, tackle them as soon as possible so it is easier to clean and will reduce the chance of it setting for good.
Remove shoes at the door – A way to reduce what comes into contact with your carpet is to remove your shoes at the door. Or, at least invest in a proper doormat to get as much dirt off before you walk into your home.
Have the dirt and stains already set in to the fibres of your carpet? Never fear – simply read our article on cleaning carpets for more information on effectively removing stubborn carpet stains.
- Always follow washing instructions on garment or fabric care label.
- Before use check for colour fastness by testing a hidden area of the fabric.
- Rinse and allow to dry.
- After washing or treating garments with Vanish Gold, dry away from sources of direct heat and direct sunlight.
- When using Vanish to pre-treat, use lukewarm water.
- For best results it may be necessary to repeat parts of the process.
- Do not use on garments requiring dry cleaning.
- Do not pour the product on any metallic parts of the garments (e.g. buttons, zips).
- Do not expose pre-treated or soaked garments to sources of direct heat or direct sunlight before washing or rinsing thoroughly.
- Do not leave the product to dry on garments (maximum 10 minutes contact time).
- For best results treat the stain immediately.
- Safe to use on wool carpets.
- Test on a hidden area. If the carpet colour is affected do not use this product.
- Remove loose dirt and blot wet stains with a clean absorbent cloth.
- Do not use on velvet materials, brocade or items that are unsuitable for wet cleaning.
- Not suitable for silk and oriental rugs.
- Heavy stains may require a second application.