Grease & Motor Oil Stain Removal
Grease and motor oil stain clothes and carpets all the time. Many people will throw away clothing affected by these stains after tinkering with a car or small appliance. However, with Vanish Oxi Action Gel in your cupboard it is possible to fully remove grease and motor oil from household fabrics.
HOW TO REMOVE GREASE & MOTOR OIL STAINS
To get rid of Grease & Motor Oil stains, we recommend using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Gel:
1. Mix 60ml of Vanish Oxi Action gel in 4L of warm water (max 40°).
2. Soak item for 1hr (max) for colours or up to 6hrs (max) for whites.
3. Place pod with 60ml dose into your washing machine and wash as usual with your detergent.
Important: Always follow the usage instructions on the Vanish packaging. Do not use on wool, silk or leather. Do not use on finished or coated surfaces - for example wood, metals etc.
Click here to find out more on Vanish Gold.
For more tips, click the titles below:
Grease & Motor Oil Stain Removal Tips
If grease or motor oils stains occur, you should treat the stain immediately with hot water, allowing the fabric to remove the stain thoroughly.
Removing Grease & Motor Oil Stains - Handy Tips
If you don't have a Vanish stain removal product to hand then don't worry. We're still able to provide some handy hints on removing stains. Vanish will help you remove the stains even once they have dried-in.
- Scrape as much as grease or motor oil as possible with the spoon, being careful not to press the stain too hard.
- Blot the grease stain with paper towel, using a lifting motion until no more of the stain comes off on the paper towel. When home, follow instructions as set out above for best results.
Other Useful Stain Removal Tips
What Causes Grease & Motor Oil To Stain So Badly?
Grease and motor oil stain removal can be tricky because these items tend to have a thick consistency and dark colours. Depending on what type of material is stained and how long the stain has been sitting without treatment it can be very difficult to clean items completely. Fortunately removing grease and motor oil stains is a possiblity with specially formulated Vanish Oxi Action Gel.