Oil & Grease Stain
Cooking oil & olive oil stain clothes and carpets all the time. Many people will throw away clothing (especially whites) affected by this everyday kitchen stain, but with Vanish Oxi Action in your cupboard you can be rest assured that getting rid of oil stains will be easy. Oxi Action is formulated to quite literally lift the stain out of the fabric.
HOW TO REMOVE OIL & GREASE STAINS
To get rid of oil & grease stains, we recommend using Vanish Gold Oxi Action Gel:
1. Mix 60ml of Vanish Oxi Action gel in 4L of warm water (max 40°).
2. Soak item for 1hr (max) for colours or up to 6hrs (max) for whites.
3. Place pod with 60ml dose into your washing machine and wash as usual with your detergent.
Important:Always follow the usage instructions on the Vanish packaging. Do not use on wool, silk or leather. Do not use on finished or coated surfaces - for example wood, metals etc.
Click here to find out more on Vanish Gold.
For more tips, click the titles below:
Oil & Grease Stain Removal Tips
Our top oil & grease stain removal tip is to attack the stain rapidly! Oil & Grease stains will become more difficult to remove later if you don't treat them immediately as they start to set into the fabric.
Removing Oil & Grease Stains - Handy Tips
If you don't have a Vanish stain removal product to hand then don't worry. We're still able to provide some handy hints on removing stains. Vanish will help you remove the stains even once they have dried-in.
- Take a clean, damp paper towel or cloth and dab the oil stain for a few minutes. Be careful not to spread the stain.
- Follow Vanish instructions as above.