Mascara Stain Removal
Mascara is a staple item in handbags and on dressing tables up and down the country; whilst it looks great on your eyelashes, mascara is less impressive when smudged all over your favourite clothes! A mascara stain is one of the most challenging stains to remove due to it's dark and oily nature, but thanks to Vanish Oxi Action, it shouldn't be a problem. Simply follow the instructions below for great results
HOW TO REMOVE MASCARA STAINS
To get rid of mascara stains, we recommend using Vanish Oxi Action Powder:
1. Dissolve 1x scoop of Vanish Oxi Action powder in 4L of warm water (max 40°).
2. Soak item for 1hr (max) for colours or up to 6hrs (max) for whites.
3. Wash as usual with your detergent and add another scoop of Vanish Oxi Action powder.
Important: Always follow the usage instructions on the Vanish packaging. Do not use on wool, silk or leather. Do not use on finished or coated surfaces - for example wood, metals etc.
For more tips, click the titles below:
Mascara Stain Removal Tips
With both waterproof and non waterproof mascaras, a faint mark may remain if the mascara is not removed immediately. Generally, mascara is a dark colour and so the stains are quite visible, the longer you wait to treat the stain, the harder it will be to remove.
Removing Mascara Stains - Handy Tips
If you don't have a Vanish stain removal product to hand when you suffer from a mascara stain then don't worry. Vanish are still able to provide some handy hints on removing mascara stains, even once they have dried-in:
- Remove any excess mascara very carefully with a blunt knife or similar implement.
- Put a small amount of cold water onto a cloth and gently dab the stain.
- When at home, put the item into a wash with 60ml of Vanish Oxi Action Gel.
Other Useful Stain Removal Tips
What Causes Mascara To Stain So Badly?
Mascara causes such bad stains because of its oily nature and dark colour. Oily substances tend to soak into fabrics very quickly and can cause really difficult stains